Important Usage Agreements
Rope Host provides web hosting to clients worldwide, and we have a responsibility to protect each client and to provide the best services available. All clients of Rope Host are subject to the following service level agreement:
Rope Host guarantees a 100% monthly network uptime per this Service Level Agreement (from here on referred to as "SLA"). Please note that terms and conditions apply.
Rope Host' 100% Network Uptime SLA consists of 4 parts:
- Global Internet Connectivity - This includes connectivity from the rope host' network to the outside internet.
- Private Network Connectivity - This includes connectivity between the privately routed network within rope host. (rope host Private Back-End Tunneling).
- Power - This includes the power which powers the servers in the datacenter
- Client Area - This includes the accessibility of the client area. This SLA does not guarantee functionality of the client area.
- Faulty Hardware - This includes any hardware that fails in whole or in part. Please note that 4 hour SLA is valid only after the problem has been confirmed to be faulty hardware.
- Hardware Upgrades - if a customer purchases an upgrade, the upgrade must be complete within 4 hours once the upgrade has been scheduled. Please note that all hardware upgraded must be scheduled with support.
Network SLA Refund Chart
|Rope Host Networks' Uptime||SLA Refund|
Hardware SLA Refunds Chart
|Replacement/Upgrade Guarantee||SLA Refund|
|4 Hours or Less||0%|
|Over 4 Hours and up to 8 Hours||20%|
|Over 8 Hours and up to 12 Hours||40%|
|Over 12 hours and up to 16 Hours||60%|
|Over 16 Hours and up to 20 Hours||80%|
|Over 20 Hours||100%|
Terms & Conditions
- Rope Host extends this SLA to its direct clients only. Rope Host is not liable for downtime caused by a reseller of its services.
- Rope Host offers SLA refunds, where a refund will be issued on your invoice for the downtime according to the chart above.
- Any Customer account not in good standing on payments is not eligible for SLA refunds.
- Any Customer account which has had been out of good standing on payments 3 times or more within 12 months prior to the outage is not eligible for SLA refunds.
- Any Customer hosting account disconnected due to violation of the AUP/TOS is not eligible for SLA refunds.
- All SLA claims must be made with the customer services department, and the refund will be issued after verification of the claim.
- Any Customer making false SLA refund claims may be charged a $60 administrative fee per offense.
- All SLA claims must be made within seven days of the network downtime. SLA refunds may take up to 15 days to authorize & process.
- SLA refunds may not exceed the full monthly amount of the server they are being applied to.
- SLA refunds claims can only be made by an authorized user on the account. All other unauthorized claims will be denied.
- SLA refunds may not be stacked, i.e. claiming SLA refunds on both uplink downtime, as well as power downtime during the same incident.
- In no way does the rope host SLA include software of any sort. Operating system reloads do not qualify in any way for an SLA refunds.
- Any form of management by rope host of customer software is not eligible to be included in the rope host SLA. Any form of hardware reconfiguration due to software or management of software is not eligible to be included in the rope host Networks SLA.
- Faulty hardware qualifies for the Hardware SLA only when 4 hours have passed from the rope host Technician officially diagnosing the problem as being related to a particular piece of hardware. Until diagnosis is confirmed, the Hardware SLA is inactive.
- Hardware upgrades are eligible for the Hardware SLA only after 4 Hours from the scheduled (between Customer and support) time for repair passes. All hardware upgrades must be scheduled with support in order to be eligible for the Hardware SLA. Immediate, or "as soon as possible" hardware upgrades are not eligible for the Hardware SLA.
- Any failure outside of the rope host network itself, including bandwidth carrier outages, are not eligible for SLA refund.
- Scheduled maintenance of rope host network is not eligible for any form of SLA refunds.
- Acts of God, including weather, natural disaster, or any other disaster outside of the control of rope host are not eligible for SLA refunds.
- The rope host SLA is subject to change or revision without notice.